We would like to thank Father Koys for leading the First Reconciliation Retreat for our 2nd grade religious education students. Thank you to all of our RE 2nd grade parents for allowing your children to spend the time with us. We were overjoyed to see all of them and hope that they enjoyed learning a little more about their First Reconciliation. J
From the Desk of our 7th Grade Catechist…
Mrs. Maturlak’s 7th Grade RE Class 2020-2021
7th Grade students attend weekly classes via Google Meets usually on Monday evenings from 6:30-7pm and are able to contact me during “office hours” via email after this class to ask any questions or concerns from class or their coursework. Class begins with any prayer intentions that students may have prior to our opening prayer. Then we may review some vocabulary or have a brief summary of their weekly coursework from the My Catholic Faith Delivered website:
- students have learned about the following areas pursuant to the Catechism of the Catholic Church in the some of following lessons thus far: Creation, Prophets, Jesus & the Early Church, Grace & Cardinal Virtues, and most recently the Sacraments.
- over the past 4 months they have completed 19 out of 31 Chapters over 7 Lessons
- students have taken weekly post-assessments/quizzes and completed 4 Unit Tests
As the 7th Graders begin their preparation for Confirmation in 8th Grade, it is important for them to discover more about Jesus’ life and Resurrection, the Holy Spirit, and God’s love for us all. We have also discussed these topics:
- The Mysteries of the Rosary, Saints, The Beatitudes, Pope Francis, Gospel readings from Sunday Mass, Advent, Christmas, Lent and any updates or news from our Church.
- My Google Classroom Stream page has links of resources, subjects, prayers, Gospel readings that we have discussed or learned about in class.
- Also, at the end of class, we will either have a short prayer to remind us of what we are grateful for in our life or we will listen to a contemporary Christian song with a positive or uplifting message (song links are also posted on Google Classroom).
In closing, I am truly honored and blessed to be a small part of my 7th Grade students’ journey in their faith and Confirmation preparation. My hope is that they truly know that God, The Holy Spirit, and Jesus are always with them–they are never alone. May God Bless You and Your Families now and always! “…it is you, dear young people, who must show that faith is a personal decision which involves your whole life. Let the Gospel be the measure and guide of life’s decisions and plans! Then you will be missionaries in all that you do and say, and wherever you work and live you will be signs of God’s love, credible witnesses to the loving presence of Jesus Christ.” ~ St. Pope John Paul II, XVII World Youth Day, 2002.