In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Confirmation is always celebrated within Mass to express more clearly the fundamental connection of this sacrament with the entirety of Christian initiation, which reaches its culmination in the Eucharist. Students in the Archdiocese of Chicago are to be confirmed during their Junior High or High School years. Adults who have not been confirmed should contact our parish rectory and inquire about RCIA. Visit our RCIA Page here!
Confirmation at SS. Cyril & Methodius Parish
All young people who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are required to participate in our Religious Education Program or attend our parish school.
Religious Education Registration Information:
Registration can completed online at www.re.stcyril.org. Please contact the Religious Education Office 630-257-9314 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions. For your information, the following are requirements for the religious education program:
- You must be a registered supporting parishioner to have a child in the religious education program. If you are not currently a registered parishioner and are planning on enrolling a student for the Fall, please take care of registering for the parish now so it does not hold up your registration.
- In order for your child to make their Confirmation in 8th grade they must complete grades 3 –7.
- If you are transferring from another religious education program, we must have a transfer form from your old parish stating what grades your child has completed.
- Everest Academy, Noonan Academy, Kingswood Academy, home schooled students and anyone else who attends a non-archdiocesan school who wish to make their Confirmation at St. Cyril’s are required to register for the parish and contact the religious education office by September 15th to notify Monika that your child is in need of the sacrament for that school year. All families are required to meet the parish requirements for making the sacraments.
Confirmation Masses will take place on March 11th, 2023 (mass assignments TBD)
Expectations for Confirmation
- Complete all class work expected of them and participate in class on a weekly basis.
- Miss no more than 4 class sessions / regular attendance is required.
- Attend a Confirmation retreat. If the student cannot attend the retreat scheduled at St. Cyril’s, they must attend a Confirmation retreat at another parish.
- Write a letter to the Bishop stating why they want to be confirmed.
- Choose a saint name as their Confirmation Name and then write a research paper on that saint.
- Complete 24 hours of community service.
- Submit the Confirmation information form on the RE website.
- Pay the Confirmation Fee of $100.00.
- Attend the Confirmation practice that is scheduled.
Dress Code for Confirmation
Appropriate length dresses or skirts or a dressy pant outfit with dress shoes. No strapless or spaghetti strap dresses or blouses.
Sweaters, sport coat or suit coat, dress shirt and tie, dress slacks and dress shoes. No Jeans or gym shoes.