2022/23 SSCM Registration Terms & Conditions
ONLINE PROGRAM ONLY: Students participating in the online RE program are responsible for following a lesson calendar that will be emailed in September 2022. Any questions can be directed to the RE Office email@example.com. This is NOT a catechist led program, however if your child needs assistance and would like to meet with a catechist to help answer any questions about what they are studying, please contact the RE Office (630)257-9314 to arrange a meeting. Online program students will also be expected to participate in onsite special events such as retreats, masses, RE Confessions, etc. These events will be emailed to all classes on a case by case basis.
- For the 2022/23 Catechetical year Saint Cyril and Methodius Parish is offering an onsite Religious Education Curriculum only.
- Onsite classes will be available in English on Mondays (5:30-7PM) and Wednesdays (6-7:30PM).
- Onsite classes will be available in Bilingual (English/Polish) on Fridays (5-6PM) and Saturdays (9-10AM).
*Important 2022-23 Grade level Registration:
If your child skipped the 2020-21 catechetical year, they need to be register for the grade level that they missed regardless of their grade level in their regular school.
Bilingual RE Program ONLY
- Due to scheduled activities at our SSCM parish school, a few Friday session classes will be taking place on Thursday. This will be indicated on the session calendar.
- Due to the celebration of the sacraments of Communion and Confirmation, Saturday session classes will take place on Tuesday. This will be indicated on the session calendar.
- A family does not need to be registered members of our parish to join our program, however, there is an additional fee applied to the 2022/23 for non-SSCM parishioners of $180. Registered and active families are tracked through use of their weekly envelopes/Sunday donations/offerings.
- Provide a PDF copy of your child(ren)’s Baptism certificate if not baptized at SSCM.
- Provide a PDF copy of Communion certificate (if celebrated).
- Provide a PDF copy of student RE Program transcripts (if transferring from a different program).
- Copies of certificates can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or attached to our registration form.
Cell Phone Number(s)/Email Address(es)
- By providing an email/cell number you are giving permission to the SSCM Parish to send information by email/text throughout the catechetical year. We use a correspondence service to communicate with all RE families. All personal information provided is used exclusively by SSCM and not sold/given to any third parties.
- All correspondence for the 2022/23 Catechetical year will be in electronic form using the Remind app, text, and/or email. Parents are responsible for checking their email to remain up to date on what is happening in the RE Program. Please be sure to check spam and junk folders regularly and mark email@example.com as a “safe” email. Up to date information/announcements may also be viewed on the RE Program / SSCM parish website and Facebook pages.
- On occasion students are photographed or videotaped throughout the Catechetical year. These photos/videos can be used on our Religious Education Facebook page, parish website and/or bulletin, newspaper, or displayed at the parish school. No photos/videos will be used for commercial purposes. By accepting these terms and conditions you give SS Cyril & Methodius permission to use images of your child(ren) for the purposes stated above.
- Calendar with the session schedule will be emailed once your registration is processed.
- As the primary educators of their child(ren), parents are responsible to help their child(ren) with assigned work completion as well as homework and any other assignments throughout the catechetical year.
- Students will receive progress reports in February and June of 2023.
- SSCM Parish celebrates First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion in 2nd Grade. Additional sacrament fee applies. Specific information will be provided to 2nd grade parents.
- Confirmation at SSCM is celebrated in 8th grade. Additional sacrament fee applies. Specific information will be provided to 8th grade parents. *Completion of grades 1 through 8 are required to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Communion prep begins in 1st grade and Confirmation prep begins in 7st grade.
- All correspondence regarding sacraments will be emailed to only those celebrating during this catechetical year. Parents are responsible to attend sacrament meetings when applicable. Please check your emails on a regular basis.
Cyril & Methodius Religious Education Tuition Policy
The following policy will help define the supporting active / parishioner status at SS. Cyril & Methodius.
Tuition is based on an active supporting parishioner status. Tuition rates for active supporting parishioners are lower due to the parish's subsidy to the religious education program. The parish subsidy to the religious education program helps to defray the actual cost of tuition for each student. As an active supporting parishioner, it is expected that you attend Mass and contribute to the parish by the use of your weekly envelopes. The following guidelines will be used in assessing the parishioner status.
An analysis by the parish will determine if supporting parishioner status is maintained. The schedule is as follows:
- Parish reviews contributions from September through January
- If no contributions, then in mid-February a notice will be sent to family explaining that they are now considered a non-active contributing family and will be charged a higher tuition rate for the current catechetical year. Non-parishioner payment will be due by May 1st, unless they begin to use their envelopes on a regular basis.
- A family does not need to be registered members of our parish, however there is an additional fee applied to each year’s tuition for non-SSCM parishioners of $180.
*We encourage everyone to register for the best session that suits their child’s/family’s schedule. We understand that change happens, however if you wish to change your child’s session AFTER having registered there will be a $50 processing fee.
ATTENDANCE ***VERY IMPORTANT***
Regular attendance at Religious Education classes is MANDATORY!! If a child misses more than five (5) class days of instruction during the catechetical year without a serious reason, he will be expelled from the program without a refund of the tuition paid, and will have to repeat the grade over again the following year.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SWITCHING OF DAYS DURING THE YEAR AFTER THE START OF CLASSES FOR ANY REASON. STUDENTS ATTENDING THE BILINGUAL SESSION CANNOT SWITCH BETWEEN FRIDAY AND SATURDAY CLASSES. THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ATTENDING THE SESSION THAT THEY REGISTERED FOR. PLEASE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WINTER OR SPRING SPORTS WHEN SIGNING UP YOUR CHILD FOR A SPECIFIC DAY IN THE FALL!!
Consistently missing class due to an extra-curricular activity will NOT be allowed. In years past this has become a problem and we will no longer allow your child to miss classes for any activities such as sports, dance, music etc. on a regular basis.
*All terms and conditions in the SS Cyril & Methodius Religious Education Handbook apply. The RE Handbook can be viewed on www.re.stcyril.org.